The Solidarity Choir is one of the politically activist choirs in Sydney NSW Australia. Weekly practices are on most Thursday nights from 6:30pm in the Inner West (currently Leichhardt and Marrickville).
We welcome prospective members. No audition required. Explore this site to see if we match your interests.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, Deb on 0422-998-424, Mark on 0400-285-974 or Fran 0466-287-230.
Any changes to our regular practice schedule will be notified on this page. Regular practice for 2019 started from the 31st of January.
Our current rehearsal venue is at 1A Marion St in the Leichhardt School of the Arts building next to the Fire Brigade near the corner of Balmain Road. The front door features a prominent sign “Associazione Napoletana”. There is unrestricted parking in the nearby Council car park after 5pm.
- 2019-08-23 Singing For The Joy Of It
- 2019-09-28 GLW Black Again Comedy Night
- 2019-10-05 Camp at Wollemi Common
- We welcome invitations to sing
- 2019-08-14 NTEU Blue Stocking Trivia Night
- 2019-08-14 Korean Comfort Women Rally
- 2019-08-02 QVB Refugee Protest
- 2019-06-22 New Beginnings Festival at Callan Park
- 2019-06-15 Open IWC workshop
- 2019-05-31 Trial of Refugee activist
- 2019-05-23 Memorial for John Tomlinson
- 2019-04-22 Bohemia Bar at the NFF 10:20am
- 2019-04-12 Refugee protest outside QVB
- 2019-03-21 Vigil for Christchurch, singing in the crowd in Town Hall Square
- 2019-03-09 Anatolian Community Centre IWD
- 2019-03-08 IWD Fundraiser
See History page to look further back in time
The choir was part of a project to tour East Timor in August/September of 2018.
The Songs page includes links to audio tracks of a few songs as well as a list of our CDs and an almost complete list of songs, their cover notes, lyrics and translations.
The Links page includes links to video clips of the choir as well as collaborating groups and musicians.
Everything you might need to know about our Yahoo Group is here. It covers what’s in the group, how to join the group, how to change your preferred email address for sending and receiving group emails, and how to regain access to your account if you lose it.