The Solidarity Choir is one of the politically activist choirs in Sydney NSW Australia. Weekly practices are on most Thursday nights in Erskineville from 6:30pm. We welcome prospective members. No audition required.
Any changes to our regular practice schedule will be notified in this paragraph. We had a Xmas party at the Bush Music Club at Addison Road on the 2nd of December and will recommence practising from the 25th of January, in time for a massed choir aboriginal song at Barangaroo on the morning of the 26th of January. This is part of the Festival of Sydney. There will be a practice session of the massed choir some time before the event.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, Deb on 0422-998-424, Mark on 0400-285-974 or Fran 0466-287-230.
- 2018-01-06 Spiritfest concert night
- 2018-01-26 Baraya-la at Barangaroo
- 2018-04-27 St Albans Folk Festival
- We welcome invitations to sing
- 2017-12-08 No War in Korea rally
- 2017-12-03 Anti-conscription Centenary
- 2017-12-02 Koori Radio
- 2017-11-28 Doug’s mother’s funeral
- 2017-11-24 Justice Action party
- 2017-11-23 Your Rights At Work party
- 2017-10-28 Loaded Dog folk club
- 2017-10-15 Refugee Rally
- 2017-10-13 Edna Ryan Awards
- 2017-10-07 Green Left Women’s Comedy Night
- See History page to look further back in time
The choir is part of a project to tour East Timor in 2018.
The Songs page includes links to audio tracks of a few songs as well as a list of our CDs and a complete list of songs, their cover notes, lyrics and translations
The Links page includes links to video clips of the choir as well as collaborating groups and musicians.
Everything you might need to know about our Yahoo Group is here. It covers what’s in the group, how to join the group, how to change your preferred email address for sending and receiving group emails, and how to regain access to your account if you lose it.