WE WERE BACK FROM THE COVID-19 SITUATION THEN NOT BACK.
The Solidarity Choir is one of the politically activist choirs in Sydney NSW Australia. Weekly practices are on most Thursday nights from 6:30pm in the Inner West (currently Leichhardt).
We welcome prospective members. No audition required. Explore this site to see if we match your interests.
You can contact us at email@example.com, Deb on 0422-998-424, Mark on 0400-285-974 or Fran 0466-287-230.
Any changes to our regular practice schedule will be notified in this paragraph. Our first regular practice for 2021 was in March (after practices had been suspended on the 19th of March 2020). Then back onto Zoom in June.
Our rehearsal venue (in waiting) is at 1A Marion St in the Leichhardt School of the Arts building next to the Fire Brigade near the corner of Balmain Road. The front door features a prominent sign “Associazione Napoletana”. There is unrestricted parking in the nearby Council car park after 5pm.
- We welcome invitations to sing
- 2021-06-06 Concert for Change in Bundanoon
- 2021-03-28 Palm Sunday rally (jointly with Sydney Trade Union Choir)
- 2020-03-14 Women’s Fundraiser in Marrickville
- 2020-03-13 Rodger’s party at Bondi
- 2020-03-07 IWD at Anatolian Community Centre in Auburn
- 2020-03-01 Denis Kevans book launch at Gaelic Club
- 2020-02-21 Miguel 60th fundraiser at Gaelic Club (https://doodle.com/poll/r6pu76akddu8t9y5)
- 2020-02-14 QVB Refugee Protest
- 2020-02-01 Lou’s party in Clovelly
- 2020-01-30 Alistair Hulett Ten Year Memorial at the Gaelic Club
See History page to look further back in time
The choir was part of a project to tour East Timor in August/September of 2018. This project is running again to visit East Timor in 2020 (AUSC Timor 2020) though activity is suspended until further notice and 2021 or 2022 seem more possible.
The Songs page includes links to audio tracks of a few songs as well as a list of our CDs and an almost complete list of songs, their cover notes, lyrics and translations.
The Links page includes links to video clips of the choir as well as collaborating groups and musicians.
Everything you might need to know about our Yahoo Group is here. It covers what’s in the group, how to join the group, how to change your preferred email address for sending and receiving group emails, and how to regain access to your account if you lose it.