WE ARE BACK FROM THE COVID-19 SITUATION
The Solidarity Choir is one of the politically activist choirs in Sydney NSW Australia. Weekly practices are on most Thursday nights from 6:30pm in the Inner West. If we are practicing outside we are just as likely to move to the middle of a day on the weekend such as 11am Saturday under the arches in Jubilee Park, the Annandale end.
We welcome prospective members. No audition required. Explore this site to see if we match your interests.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, Deb on 0422-998-424, Mark on 0400-285-974 or Fran 0466-287-230.
Any changes to our regular practice schedule will be notified in this paragraph. Our first regular practice for 2022 was on 13 January after practices had been on Zoom since mid-June 2021. We started practising under the arches in Jubilee Park Glebe on Saturdays but finally settled on the Bush Music Hut in the Addison Street Community Centre in Marrickville. Safest to ring us to check.
Our former indoor rehearsal venue was at 1A Marion St in the Leichhardt School of the Arts building next to the Fire Brigade near the corner of Balmain Road. The front door features a prominent sign “Associazione Napoletana”. There is unrestricted parking in the nearby Council car park after 5pm.
You can find us on the internet here at https://solidaritychoir.com.au, on Facebook as “Solidarity Choir” or by following the “Links” option in the menu at the top of this page.
- 2022-07-23 Loaded Dog Annandale two half hour sets
- 2022-09-23 (TBA) Fundraiser for women
- 2022-10-29 Troubadour Folk Club with George Mann
- We welcome invitations to sing
- 2022-07-17 Sing Acknowledgement at MUA celebration of Cuba independence 69th anniversary
- 2022-05-22 Inner West Council Festival in the Greenway near Cafe Bones
- 2022-04-15 National Folk Festival in Canberra at Easter
- 2022-02-26 Wollemi Common weekend
- 2021-06-06 Concert for Change in Bundanoon
- 2021-03-28 Palm Sunday rally (jointly with Sydney Trade Union Choir)
- 2020-03-14 Women’s Fundraiser in Marrickville
- 2020-03-13 Rodger’s party at Bondi
- 2020-03-07 IWD at Anatolian Community Centre in Auburn
- 2020-03-01 Denis Kevans book launch at Gaelic Club
- 2020-02-21 Miguel 60th fundraiser at Gaelic Club (https://doodle.com/poll/r6pu76akddu8t9y5)
- 2020-02-14 QVB Refugee Protest
- 2020-02-01 Lou’s party in Clovelly
- 2020-01-30 Alistair Hulett Ten Year Memorial at the Gaelic Club
See History page to look further back in time
The choir was part of a project to tour East Timor in August/September of 2018. This project is running again to visit East Timor in 2020 (AUSC Timor 2020) though activity is suspended until further notice and 2021 or 2022 seem more possible.
The Songs page includes links to audio tracks of a few songs as well as a list of our CDs and an almost complete list of songs, their cover notes, lyrics and translations.
The Links page includes links to video clips of the choir as well as collaborating groups and musicians.
We have an email group (GoogleGroups) for members which we will describe down the track. We will cover what’s in the group, how to join the group, how to change your preferred email address for sending and receiving group emails, and how to regain access to your account if you lose it.