The Solidarity Choir is one of the politically activist choirs in Sydney NSW Australia. Weekly practices are on most Thursday nights from 6:30pm in the Inner West (currently Leichhardt and Marrickville).
We welcome prospective members. No audition required. Explore this site to see if we match your interests.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, Deb on 0422-998-424, Mark on 0400-285-974 or Fran 0466-287-230.
Any changes to our regular practice schedule will be notified on this page. For the rest of 2018 we will rehearse at Associazione Napoletana at 14 Marion St in the Leichhardt School of the Arts building next to the Fire Brigade near the corner of Balmain Road. There is unrestricted parking in the nearby Council car park after 5pm.
Our weekly Thursday night practices will continue through to the 20th of December. There will be a break starting on the 27th of December and regular practice will resume from the 24th of January.
- 2018-12-19 Inner West Awards Night
- 2018-12-21 Refugee protest outside QVB
- 2019-01-25 Baraya-la Vigil at Barangaroo
- 2019-01-18 Illawarra Folk Festival
- 2019-04-18 Street Choir at NFF
- We have applied to take part in the Open Inner West Festival between Friday 14 June to Sunday 23 June 2019
- We welcome invitations to sing
- 2018-11-11 Armistice Day Peace Concert
- 2018-11-11 Peace Now Exhibition
- 2018-11-09 Refugee protest outside QVB
- 2018-10-20 Kangaroo Valley Folk Festival
- 2018-10-07 Mary Jane’s Birthday Peña
- 2018-10-05 Weekend workshop at Camp Coutts
- 2018-07-28 Newcastle Choir 30th Anniversary
See History page to look further back in time
The choir was part of a project to tour East Timor in August/September of 2018.
The Songs page includes links to audio tracks of a few songs as well as a list of our CDs and a complete list of songs, their cover notes, lyrics and translations
The Links page includes links to video clips of the choir as well as collaborating groups and musicians.
Everything you might need to know about our Yahoo Group is here. It covers what’s in the group, how to join the group, how to change your preferred email address for sending and receiving group emails, and how to regain access to your account if you lose it.