WE ARE BACK FROM THE COVID-19 SITUATION
The Solidarity Choir is one of the politically activist choirs in Sydney NSW Australia. Weekly practices are on most Thursday nights from 6:30pm in the Bush Music Hut in the Addison Street Community Centre in Marrickville. Safest to ring us for directions or to check.
We welcome prospective members. No audition required. Explore this site to see if we match your interests.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, Deb on 0422-998-424, Mark on 0400-285-974 or Fran 0466-287-230.
Any changes to our regular practice schedule will be notified in this paragraph. Our first regular practice for 2022 was on 13 January after practices had been on Zoom since mid-June 2021. Our regular practice venue is the Bush Music Hut in the Addison Street Community Centre in Marrickville.
You can find us on the internet here at https://solidaritychoir.com.au, on Facebook as “Solidarity Choir” or by following the “Links” option in the menu at the top of this page.
- Thursday 15 December 2022 street sing in King St Newtown
- Saturday to Sunday 18-19 March 2023 Weekend workshop in Pennant Hills
- Friday to Monday 7-10 April 2023 National Folk Festival street choir program
- We welcome invitations to sing
- Saturday 19 November 2022 Marrickville Music Festival
- Sunday 6 November 2022 Cathy’s birthday at Annandale Neighbourhood Centre from 11am till 5pm.
- Saturday 5 November 2022 Stanmore festival. 30 minute set at 2:30pm at the corner of Percival Rd and Douglas St
- Saturday 29 October 2022 Troubadour Folk Club with George Mann.
- Friday to Sunday 21-23 October 2022 Wollemi Common weekend workshop.
- Friday 23 September 2022 Fundraiser for women. Trivia night. Pratten park bowling club Ashfield. 6pm for 6:30.
- Wednesday 17 August Macquarie Uni Bar 5pm Cathy’s Farewell drinks
- 2022-07-23 Loaded Dog Annandale two half hour sets
- 2022-07-17 Sing Acknowledgement at MUA celebration of Cuba independence 69th anniversary
- 2022-05-22 Inner West Council Festival in the Greenway near Cafe Bones
- 2022-04-15 National Folk Festival in Canberra at Easter
- 2022-02-26 Wollemi Common weekend
- 2021-06-06 Concert for Change in Bundanoon
- 2021-03-28 Palm Sunday rally (jointly with Sydney Trade Union Choir)
- 2020-03-14 Women’s Fundraiser in Marrickville
- 2020-03-13 Rodger’s party at Bondi
- 2020-03-07 IWD at Anatolian Community Centre in Auburn
- 2020-03-01 Denis Kevans book launch at Gaelic Club
- 2020-02-21 Miguel 60th fundraiser at Gaelic Club (https://doodle.com/poll/r6pu76akddu8t9y5)
- 2020-02-14 QVB Refugee Protest
- 2020-02-01 Lou’s party in Clovelly
- 2020-01-30 Alistair Hulett Ten Year Memorial at the Gaelic Club
See History page to look further back in time
The choir was part of a project to tour East Timor in August/September of 2018. This project is running again to visit East Timor in 2020 (AUSC Timor 2020) though activity is suspended until further notice and 2021 or 2022 seem more possible.
The Songs page includes links to audio tracks of a few songs as well as a list of our CDs and an almost complete list of songs, their cover notes, lyrics and translations.
The Links page includes links to video clips of the choir as well as collaborating groups and musicians.
We have an email group (GoogleGroups) for members which we will describe down the track. We will cover what’s in the group, how to join the group, how to change your preferred email address for sending and receiving group emails, and how to regain access to your account if you lose it.